Everyone knows that Chennai is one of the largest metropolitan cities in India. The consistent growth of population in the city makes the rush in transportation. To overcome this problem and to make the city for international standards, the Government of Tamil Nadu along with the central Government of India introduced the metro train project. Currently the project is under phase one construction; this intends Chennai Metro Rail Limited to recruit huge number of employees in various designations. It has issued a career notification that reports 719 vacant positions in the discipline of Junior Engineer and Technician. As a job seeker, if you hold a Diploma or ITI qualification in engineering disciplines you can apply online for these jobs in Chennai metro railway. The selection process, age limit and other eligibility criteria are mentioned in the notification.
|Post Name||Junior Engineer, Technician and Others|
|No of Posts||719 Vacancies|
|Age Limit||28 years|
|Selection||Written test and Interview|
|Job Location||Tamil Nadu|
|Last Date||16th February 2013|
CMRL Recruitment Vacancy Details:
1. Post Code 1 - 244 Vacancies
- Station Controller - 60 Posts
- Train Operator - 87 Posts
- Jr. Engineer (Stations) - 97 Posts
- Mechanical - 45 Posts
- Electrical - 120 Posts
- Electronics - 34 Posts
- Civil - 11 Posts
- Mechanical - 34 Posts
- Electrical - 104 Posts
- Electronics - 52 Posts
- Civil - 26 Posts
- Plumber - 23 Posts
- Blacksmith or Foundry Man - 04 Posts
- Welder - 04 Posts
- IT and Electronic System Maintenance - 18 Posts
For the post code one and two candidates have to completed diploma in relevant field with 60% marks and for the post code three candidates must be an SSLC passed ITI technician with 55% marks, where the certificate must be obtained from a recognized NCVT Training Institute.
Upto Which Age you can Apply?
As an applicant if you are not more than 28 years of age as on 1st Jan 2013 with any one of the above said qualification you are eligible to apply.
How you will be Selected?
Applied aspirants will be invited for written exam. By evaluating the marks obtained in the written test you will be further invited for personal interview.
All candidates has to pay Rs.500/- and SC/ST applicants Rs.100/- by means of Demand Draft drawn in favour of M/s Chennai Metro Rail Limited, payable at Chennai. Remember to write the application number and full address of the candidate including mobile number on the backside of the DD.
- Candidates who are willing to apply log on to the official address http://www.chennaimetrorail.gov.in.
- Click on the link “Career” and then click the icon “APPLY ONLINE”.
- Fill all required details in the online application form.
- Verify all the entered details are correct and submit the application.
- After submission you will get a system generated printable copy of application.
- Take a printout of the application.
- Collect the attested copies of all necessary documents and certificates.
- Enclose these application, certificate copies and Demand Draft in an envelope.
- Send this by post to the address "Manager (HR), Chennai Metro Rail Limited, Harini Towers, No. 7, Conran Smith Road, Gopalpuram, Chennai – 600086" on or before the last date.
Dates to Remember:
- Opening Date of Online Registration - 19th Jan 2013
- Closing Date of Online Registration - 16th Feb 2013
- Last Date to Reach Printed Application - 20th Feb 2013
- Tentative Date of Written Exam - March/April 2013
|Enter Your Email ID to Get Free Job Updates|