Damodar Valley Corporation is a state owned utility engaged in the production and distribution of electricity in the Basin of River Damodar. DVC has been incorporated as an energy production enterprise in the year 1948 by making an agreement with Central Government and State Govt of West Bengal and Bihar. Today DVC is one among the largest electricity production company in India with a production capacity more than 10 thousand mega watts. It has also engaged in many Joint Venture projects in order to increase its productivity. All this tends DVC to grow as larger power Generation Company, to manage all these operations it needs professionally skilled employees in large number.
This makes the company to issue a recruitment notification which mentioning the vacant places in the company. A month before DVC has recruited Engineers in large number followed by that this notification has been issued. All the vacancies are high paying designations so many aspirants may compete for their positions in this recruitment rally. Any individuals who had missed the previous recruitment may make use of this opportunity. The detailed information to fill the online application has been mentioned below.
You May Also Know About the Previous Recruitment of DVC:
Designation Wise Vacancies in DVC:
Total No.of Posts - 321
- Orthopedic Surgeon - 01
- Sr Chemist Gr III - 18
- Management Trainee (P & A) - 14
- Executive (Law) - 02
- Junior Engineer Grade-II - 240
- Electrical - 164
- Mechanical - 52
- C & I - 11
- Communication - 13
- Jr Nurse Gr II - 27
- Jr Pharmacist Gr II - 19
Candidates who are applying for the Engineering and MT vacancy must possess three years Diploma in Engineering, in any courses relevant to the above mentioned disciplines. Post Graduate degree in science (M.Sc) with Chemistry as a main subject is necessary for the Chemist post and Law degree is required for the Executive position. For all other medical designation the applicant must possess a relevant qualification in Nursing and B.Pharm degree for pharmacist vacancy. For more details about the education qualification, you may follow the official notification linked below.
Limitations in Age:
This job offer possesses some limitations in age limit for General category applicants according to the designation.
- For the Surgeon and Executive the age limit is 45 years.
- For Chemist and MT the upper age limit is 30 years.
- For all the Junior Engineer post the age limit is 25 years.
- For Nurse and Pharmacist the age limit is 32 and 35 years.
This age will be reckoned as on the 1st of January 2013. All these age restriction will be applicable only for unreserved candidates; others may claim age relaxation from the upper age limit as per the existing rules.
Based on the qualifications and other details mentioned in the application candidates will invited for written test. Applicants need to appear for the written exam, based on the marks scored in this exam they will be further shortlisted and called for personal interview on a specific day mentioned later.
Candidates who are applying for the posts till serial no-4 has to pay Rs.300/- for all others posts Rs.200/- has to be paid as exam fee. This fee must be deposited in any State Bank of India branch using fee payment Challan. This payment should favour the Account No: 31728459593 (Power Jyoti Scheme) payable at SBI, CAG Brach Kolkata. All reserved category except OBC candidates are exempted from paying this application fee.
How to Fill Online Application:
The applying process comprise to stages, at first you need to fill the online application thereafter you need to send the registration slip along with the attested copies relevant certificates and documents. Enclose all these documents in an envelope which should be superscribed over it as ”Name of the Post______ and Category______” and forward it to the address "The Advertiser (DVC), Post Box No. 10543, New Delhi-110067" by normal post before the last date to reach application.
- Get into the website www.dvcindia.org and select the menu "career" from the right side.
- From there fill the online application with required details.
- After filling it download Challan and deposit the application fee.
- On successful payment, once again log on to the website and enter the payment details.
- Once all these process over, submit the application form.
- After submitting the system generates unique registration slip.
- Download the slip and send it with other documents.
- Online Registration Starts From - 13th Apr 2013
- Online Registration Starts At - 06th Apr 2013
- Registration Slip Should Reach before - 13th May 2013