There are around 147 vacancies for the geologist designation; the total number of posts is partitioned into two categories. Aspirants who are graduated in the discipline relevant to this designation may apply for this exam by following the instructions stated below.
- Name of Designation – Geologist
- Number of Vacancies – 147
- Job Location – All India
UPSC Geologist Vacancy Details:
- Geologist Group ‘A’ – 50
- Assistant Geologist Grade I Group ‘B’ – 25
- Junior Hydro-geologists (Scientist B) Group ‘A’ – 33
- Assistant Hydro-geologists Group ‘B’ – 39
Aspirants who are possessing Post-Graduate or Under-Graduate degree in any of the below mentioned disciplines are eligible to apply for any of the available vacancies. This degree must be obtained from a recognised institution or university and the applicable disciplines are follows.
- Geological Science
- Applied Geology
- Marine Geology
Candidates who are applying for Category-I posts must not be more than 32 years and for the Jr Hydro-geologists upper age limit is 35 years and for the Asst Hydro-geologists age should not be more than 30 years. The entire age limit is considered as on 1st Aug 2013. Relaxation in upper age limit will be given for reserved category applicants as per the reservation rules.
Deserving applicants will be selected on considering their academic back ground and the performance in the written test conducted by UPSC.
An exam fee of Rs.200/- has to be paid by the OBC and General Category applicants. Pay this fee by fee by means of cash deposit in any branch of the State Bank of India or its associate banks. Net banking and card transfer facility is also available. All other candidates are exempted from paying application fee.
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in this exam may fill their online application in the official portal of UPSC (www.www.upsconline.nic.in) before the last date. The instructions to make the online registration are listed below.
How to Register Online:
- Log on to the above said official Website and choose the appropriate link to register online.
- The online registration consists of two parts, at first you fill the Part-I application and submit it.
- Then pay the exam fee by means of above said process.
- After that, upload the scanned photo, signature and payment details in the Part-II application.
- Then submit and take a printout of it for future reference.
Official Notification: www.upsc.gov.in
Other UPSC or SSC Exam are:
Dates to Remember:
- Last Date to Submit Online Application – 23rd Sep 2013
- Tentative Date for Written Examination – 9th Nov 2013